Structure of Services
The Nature of Our Services
We primarily work with students who have recently been admitted to a U.S. private high school or university. We can offer the greatest value to families whose student have not yet begun their studies in the U.S. The earlier we begin working with your family, the better the long-term academic and professional outcomes your son or daughter will achieve.
We begin our relationship with a prospective client by arranging an online conversation with the parents and student, to assess the student’s needs, and determine the family’s academic and professional goals. In order to form a successful and fruitful relationship, it is important that the parents and child have shared goals, and that parents are willing to allow their son or daughter some level of input in choosing an academic major, target university list, and long-term professional goal.
If we determine that there is a good fit between the client’s needs and our services, we then discuss the terms of a service contract. We offer contracts of one semester in duration or one full year. We offer a substantial advantage to clients interested in a year-long contract, as we strongly believe that it takes most students at least one year to become fully comfortable, safe, and adjusted to their new school environment, and to overcome the challenges of culture shock.
Listed below are the essential services we provide to high school students and their families. We offer a modified version of these services for college age students.
• Family Orientation Programs Prior to Students’ Departure for the U.S.
• Regular Progress Reports (Written and Verbal) to Parents
• On-Campus Visits to Meet Student and School Officials if Requested
• Individualized Counseling Via Skype on Cultural and Social Adjustment
• Individualized Online Tutoring in English Composition
• Training on Personal Safety Concerns
• Family Communication Plan in Case of Emergency